Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I'm certified to kick your butt!

On Thursday, November 15th I went to the PSI Testing Center in Arlington to take the 120 question National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer Exam. It felt a bit odd being the only one in the room waving my arms around and performing squat exercises to determine the answers to some questions, but hopefully I was entertaining the proctors and other folks taking tests.

I will say that the test was challenging but I felt very confident with my answers to the questions, thanks to the Kinesiology classes I'm currently taking. Nonetheless, taking a test can be nerve wracking and you can’t ignore the feeling of possibly failing. Thankfully, there was no waiting on a professor to grade my test in a few days as I was told immediately after the test that I passed. Yippee!!! I had been told by many that NASM's test was one of the hardest to pass or that individuals typically fail it the first time, but in no way was I planning on adding myself to that statistic.

I'm thrilled to have the national credibility that this certification holds and look forward to transitioning from my current role in the membership department at 24 Hour Fitness to the fitness department as a Personal Trainer. For those of you that know me well, you know that I thrive off of helping people reach their goals. With my own personal success in weight loss and improved endurance performance, I can't wait to help others. Signing people up to start their journey on to a healthier and active lifestyle is rewarding but I’m excited to begin working with people one on one to meet their goals mentally and physically. It’s gonna be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment